Grounds / General Maintenance person
The opportunity has arisen to become part of the Town Council’s team, we are looking to recruit a Grounds/General Maintenance person.
The successful applicant will work alongside our Head Groundsman and duties will include
- Maintenance of the Memorial Playing Field and its sports pitches to include drainage, hedges and ditches; also the Children’s Play area and Skate Park including regular inspections of play equipment and report when defects occur.
- Maintenance of other open spaces within the Town Council control including Cemetery, Pease Hill and verges.
- Watering the Council’s hanging baskets and floral displays
- Maintenance of public seats, litter bins and gates
- General maintenance that may be required on Town Council property
- Assisting with Town Council’s Christmas trees, bunting and other events taking place from time to time
This is a part time position of 16 hours per week over two days with a degree of flexibility at weekends.
Salary in accordance with NJC pay scales commencing at SCP5 pro rata to 16 hours per week.
A FULL job description and application form can be obtained from the Town Council office at 8 Fleet Street, Beaminster, Dorset. (01308) 863634
Applications should be sent to: Christine Bright, Town Clerk at the address above or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Noon Friday 6th August 2021 with interviews taking place on Friday 13th August 2021